Tourist Visa and Passport in Japan
In recent years, Japan has become a famous tourist destination, and more and more people are traveling to Japan. But what documents do I need to travel to Japan? What are the requirements for these documents?
Travel to Japan requirements:
Generally speaking, traveling to Japan requires a valid passport and a valid Japanese visa.
Visa free countries for Japan:
Asian countries: Brunei, Indonesia, Malaysia, South Korea, Singapore, Thailand, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan.
North American countries: Canada, United States.
European countries: All EU citizens
Latin America and the Caribbean countries: Argentina, Bahamas, Barbados, Chile, Costa Rica, Dominica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Suriname, Uruguay.
Oceania countries: Australia New Zealand.
Middle East countries: Israel, Turkey.
Africa countries: Lesotho, Mauritius, Tunisia.
Passport holders in these countries can enter Japan without a visa. The rest of the countries need passports and visas to go to Japan.
How to get a visa Japan？
Japanese visas must be handled through a travel agency. You only need to have the information ready to be handed over to the travel agency. The information requested by different travel agencies is different. Individuals cannot go directly to the consulate to apply for a Japanese visa. The cost of a Japanese tourist visa is approximately $30 (except for which the agency will charge a certain agency fee, please consult each agency for details). You do not need to sign for a Japanese visa. You only need to provide the materials to send to the travel agency, you do not need to fill out the form online.
Tourist visa for Japan:
There are 3 tourist visas for Japan: team visa, Japan single entry visa, and Japan multiple entry visa.
That is to say, the group must entry and exit Japan together, and usually the leader of Japan will take away the passport. Team visas are generally simple, and there are no problems with the basic conditions.
- Japan single entry visa:
Visa limited time will be issued a 15-day or 30-day visa based on the information of the tourist. If your itinerary is scheduled for more than 15 days, a 30-day visa will be issued.
- Japan multiple entry visa:
You can travel to and from Japan for an unlimited period of 3 years, and you can stay for up to 90 days. It can stay for up to 180 days in 1 year. The visa will be marked with OKINAWA, which means that for the first time you have to enter Okinawa and stay in Okinawa for one night. There is no such restriction after going there. However, the conditions are high, especially the annual salary of more than about $38,000.
Tourist visa to Japan requirements:
- Passport: The end of the passport must be signed by the licensee. The validity period must be at least half a year (from the date of application, the expiration time of the passport must be at least half a year). The passport has at least 3 pages of visa blanks for use. Old passports must be provided.
- Photo: 2 pieces of 2 inch white photo
- ID card: Copy of the front and back of the ID card, the content must be clear.
- Account Book: Please provide a copy of each page of the member of the household registration book. If it is a collective account, provide a copy of the home page of the head of the household and the page of the person.
- Personal Information Form (Japan Travel Entry Application): Please fill in each item carefully. The authenticity and completeness of this information will directly affect the visa result.
- Personal information processing consent form
- Proof of assets(please consult the agency for details)
About personal information form:
►Personal work unit data
- Unit certification letter: The original of the employment certificate must be printed on the company's note paper, with the company address, telephone number, fax number and other contact information. In addition, it needs applicant's passport number, date of birth, position and salary, purpose and itinerary of the holiday in the company. What’s more, the applicants should ensure that they will abide by the laws of destination and return home on time. After writing this information clearly, you need to stamp the company's official seal and signature after printing.
- Qualification certificate of the work unit: a copy of the unit business license or a copy of the organization code certificate and stamped with the official seal of the unit.
►Personal information form for special population:
- Retirees: If the applicant is a retire, provide a copy of the retirement certificate without the need to provide proof of employment and business license.
- Students at school: If you are a student, you will need to provide a copy of your student ID or proof of attendance, proof of parental employment and business license and property.
- Unemployed: If the applicant does not have an employer, a proof of residence is required.
|Sort||Okinawa multiple entry visa||Japan multiple entry visa in six counties in northeastern Japan||Japan multiple entry visa for people with sufficient financial ability||Japan multiple entry visa for high-income people|
|Purpose for first time to go to Japan||Only for sightseeing tours||Only for sightseeing tours||Only for sightseeing tours||All short-term visits|
|Validity period / Stay period||3 years/30 days||3 years/30 days||3 years/30 days||5 years/90 days|
|Accommodation requirements||Okinawa Prefecture||Aomori, Iwate, Miyagi, Akita, Yamagata and Fukushima||/||/|
|Economic ability requirement||People and their families with sufficient financial ability.||People and their families with sufficient financial ability.||People and their families with sufficient financial ability.||High-income people|
|Does the travel agency need to issue a guarantee?||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|