Vietnam Travel & Entry Restrictions in 2022 (Updated on Mar 21, 2022)
Disclaimer: COVID-19 travel restrictions are changing every day and the following information reflects the current rules for entry. While we update this article regularly to ensure the information is as current as it can be, we cannot be held responsible for any errors or omissions.
Vietnam, a land of staggering natural beauty and cultural complexities, of dynamic megacities and hill-tribe villages, is both exotic and compelling. This small peaceful country, blending the mystery of the East and the French romantic style, suspended all e-Visas and visas on arrival since 22nd March 2020. However, international travel is beginning to re-open now, and here are all the latest 2022 Vietnam COVID-19 travel and entry requirements that all travelers need to know before booking their trip. If you want to plan a trip to Vietnam, please feel free to contact us for a free consultation or follow our Facebook to get the latest information.
> Vietnam's Current Entry Policy
> Documents to prepare before entry Vietnam
> Vietnam Travel Restrictions in 2022
Who Can Enter Vietnam – Vietnam Entry Policy 2022
The Vietnam government already agreed to fully resume international travel for tourists from 15th March 2022. Compared to the old scheme, the new rule shows looser restrictions that:
- Pilot flights are no longer the only way to enter Vietnam, the travelers can choose all kinds of transportation including flights, cruises, and vehicles.
- The tourists will no longer need to choose a tour package organized by a local travel agent.
- The tourists could travel to any place in Vietnam under a negative test result within 24-hour arrival.
How to Get a Vietnam Visa – Vietnam Visa Application
Most visitors will need a visa to enter Vietnam. On March 15 Vietnam agreed to resume its visa exemption policy for 13 countries for up to 15 days regardless of the purpose of entry. This applies to citizens of Belarus, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Norway, Russia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, and the UK. The visa exemption policy had been in place prior to the pandemic. Further details on entry procedures are awaited from the government. Please kind to find more information about How to Apply for a Vietnam Tourist Visa.
In addition, the Vietnam Department of Immigration, via their National Web Portal on March 17 that visitors requiring visas can now easily apply online The e-visa government website: https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/trang-chu-ttdt.
Do I need a negative COVID test for entry to Vietnam – COVID-19 Entry Requirements for Vietnam
Travelers with a valid Vietnamese resident card, visa, or visa exemption certificate, may enter Vietnam. According to this new rule, all travelers entering Vietnam are required to:
- A valid passport
- A visa (if not on the exempt nation list)
- Proof of full vaccination from the relevant authority in their home country
- A negative COVID-19 test certificate and are not required to quarantine after entry. The test must have been done using the RT-PCR method within 72 hours before arrival or the Rapid Antigen method within 24 hours.
- insurance coverage of at least USD10,000
- On arrival, complete the Health Declaration Form via tokhaiyte.vn prior to going to the Immigration agent. PC-COVID App can be pre-downloaded into your phone.
Do I need quarantine after entry - Vietnam Quarantine Measure
Since March 15, 2022, foreigners and Vietnamese people after entering Vietnam will not need to be quarantined. However, they still have to meet the requirements as above mentioned for Covid-19 prevention regulations.
Foreigners entering Vietnam only need to furnish a negative Covid-19 test certificate and are not required to quarantine.
The test must have been done using the RT-PCR method within 72 hours before arrival at the destination.
Those who cannot take a test before arrival have to be tested within 24 hours after entering and can leave their accommodation if they are not infected.
All visitors are required to monitor their health for the first 10-days after arrival and notify medical staff if they have symptoms of Covid.
Visitors must also use the PC-Covid app during their stay in Vietnam. Downloads are available from app stores on appropriate systems. Children under two years are exempt from testing.
Can I travel around Vietnam freely after entry – Vietnam Travel Restrictions in 2022
Visitors could only travel with the local agent or groups, the government does not allow free activities now.
- FACE COVERINGS – The public must wear face masks across Vietnam. Best face masks for travel.
- SOCIAL DISTANCING – Compulsory all over the country.
- CURFEWS – There are currently no curfews in place but they can spring up at short notice.
- PUBLIC TRANSPORT – Face masks must be worn on public transport.
- VENUES AND GATHERINGS – Many hospitality venues and hotels have been forced to close permanently. A number of public places including gyms, casinos, karaoke rooms, and nightclubs remain closed until further notice. Gatherings are restricted to 50 people. In Phnom Penh, you may be asked to show proof of vaccination before entering venues of various types.
- MOVEMENT OF PEOPLE – Local restrictions can change rapidly without notice. You could be asked for proof of vaccination for entrance into some public spaces.
The rules and regulations below are only meant to serve as a guide and the situation is prone to change rapidly without warning.
If you want to plan a trip to Vietnam, feel free to contact us for a free consultation or get our latest information. You can also submit your request directly to create your own Vietnam tour.
9 Days Best Essence of Vietnam
Hanoi, Halong Bay, Ho Chi Minh, Mekong Delta
Price from: $879
10 Days Vietnam Authentic Experience
Hanoi, Halong Bay, Hoi An, Ho Chi Minh, Mekong Delta
Price from: $1268
14 Days Vietnam, Cambodia & Thailand
Hanoi, Halong Bay, Ho Chi Minh, Siem Reap, Bangkok
Price from: $1998