Most Popular 5 Restaurants in Galle
Galle was once the capital of Siri Lanka and a Dutch colony in the 17th century. Now it is the most well-preserved ancient city in Southeast Asia and South Asia, also the cleanest small city in Sri Lanka. Almost every tourist will get unlimited surprises here. Today, Galle has become one of the famous tourist cities in Siri Lanka, attracting tourists from all over the world for its unique architecture and beautiful seaside scenery. When you come to Galle, you can't miss tasting the local food. If you want to eat delicious food, you also need to choose a good restaurant. Top Asia Tour would like to recommend the following most popular restaurants in Galle for your reference.
1. Most Popular 5 Restaurants in Kandy - The Bungalow's Restaurant
- Location：5 Chuch Cross Street, The Bungalow Galle Fort, Galle 80000, Sri Lanka.
- Tel: +94 91 4944941
- Food offer: Seafood, Asian cuisine, Mixed Dishes, Siri Lanka Cuisine, Vegetarian Friendly, Vegan Options
The Bungalow's Restaurant is located in the Galle Fort Hotel. It's just around the corner from the main street. This is one of the most popular restaurants in Galle. The menu offers a wide variety of dishes, and vegetarians can choose from a variety of different dishes. The staffs are more than happy to meet the needs of different customers.
The Bungalow's Restaurant is in a tall old Dutch building with high ceilings and colonial architecture. With spacious Windows and an inner courtyard, there is a lovely relaxing and calm atmosphere. The quality of the wine here is good and the prices are reasonable.
The waiters and waitresses in the restaurant provide perfect service throughout the meal, and offer various help to the diners and recommend appropriate dishes. The small details in the restaurant make people feel very warm and comfortable. The Bungalow's Restaurant offers one of the best dining experiences in Sri Lanka.
The most popular food in the Bungalow's Restaurant is curry shrimp, curry crab, pancake, etc. The curry fish, in particular, is of a very high standard and is recommended to interested diners. If you want to experience a quiet and atmospheric dinner, the Bungalow's Restaurant is a good choice.
2. Most Popular 5 Restaurants in Kandy - The Chambers Restaurant
- Location：40 Church Street, Galle Fort, Galle 80000, Sri Lanka.
- Tel: +94 91 2 244320
- Food offer: Lebanese, Moroccan, Mediterranean& Middle Eastern Flavor, Halal Cuisine, Vegetarian Friendly, Vegan Options
- Recommended tour: 7 Days Classic Sri Lanka Tour
There are plenty of restaurants to choose from in Galle, and The Chambers Restaurant is a great place to try Mediterranean& Middle Eastern Flavor food if you don't want to eat local cuisine all the time. The Chambers Restaurant is very Moroccan in color and decor. It's located in the middle of Galle Fort and easy to find. The Chambers Restaurant is relaxing and quiet, with Mediterranean& Middle Eastern Flavor food and warm service. It has an open kitchen and you can see how clean everything is. The staffs are very careful and will recommend suitable dishes for diners. The food here is the traditional middle-eastern style, with soups, hummus, and mixed meats. A good middle-eastern restaurant must have great hummus, and other appetizers and dishes in the Chambers Restaurant are freshly made and very delicious.
3. Most Popular 5 Restaurants in Kandy - The Lucky Fort Restaurant
- Location: Parawa Street, No 7, Galle 80000, Sri Lanka.
- Tel: +94 91 2 242922
- Food offer: Asian Food, Siri Lanka Food, Vegetarian Friendly, Vegan Options
- Recommended tour: 9 Days Amazing Sri Lanka Budget Tour
The Lucky Fort Restaurant is a busy family-owned business and located just by the road. It has a simple exterior, surrounded by walls and a yard full of plants and colorful lights, which makes for a great atmosphere.
The Lucky Fort Restaurant has a variety of curries and is known for making 8 to 10 curries. They have a very interesting mix of ingredients, and diners can experience different flavors of curry and eat real Siri Lanka food. The main dish on the menu is Siri Lanka curry rice, which consists of ten different curries, mostly vegetarian. The Lucky Fort Restaurant is relatively cheap and excellent value for money. If you want to taste authentic Siri Lanka curry, this restaurant is worth a try.
4. Most Popular 5 Restaurants in Kandy - The Pedlar's Inn Cafe
- Location: 92 Pedlar Street, Galle Fort, Galle 80000, Sri Lanka.
- Tel: +94 91 2 225333
- Food offer: Café, Siri Lanka Food, Mix Dishes, Vegetarian Friendly, Vegan Options
- Recommended tour: 11 Days Highlights of Sri Lanka Tour
The Pedlar's Inn Cafe is the first of its kind to be built in Galle Fort. The old car is the sign; it is outside of the restaurant, which is the symbol of the restaurant. The restaurant is comfortable and full of art, just like a small museum. The Pedlar's Inn Cafe is one of the must-see spots in Galle. This place is no mystery to anyone who has visited Galle because it is a colonial landmark. The restaurant is beautifully decorated, with lots of cozy corners, and the atmosphere is perfect for a night in the castle. Visitors can sit by the roadside and eat in the atmosphere of the ancient city. The waiters are friendly and helpful when you order. Pasta, milkshakes and salads are the most popular foods.
5. Most Popular 5 Restaurants in Kandy - The Heritage Cafe & Bistro
- Location: 61 Pedlar Street, Corner of Pedlar Street and Lighthouse, Galle 80000, Sri Lanka.
- Tel: +94 77 283 4531
- Food offer: Pizza, Cafes, Siri Lanka Food, Mix Dishes, Vegetarian Friendly, Vegan Options
The Heritage Cafe & Bistro is located in the center of the old city and easy to find. The Heritage Cafe & Bistro has a good location in Galle Fort, cool interior design and delicious food. The food here is more European/western style. When you get a little bored with rice and curry, you can meet more demands at any time here. In addition to the seating in the cafe, the restaurant also has a beautiful and romantic atrium. The bar is beautifully decorated with delicious food and plenty of non-alcoholic drinks and coffee to cater to the needs of different visitors. The Heritage Cafe & Bistro has a simple elegant atmosphere with a hint of colonial charm, which is a wonderful place for relaxation.