Transport in Jordan
Jordan, on the travel list of many people's hearts, must be ranked relatively low. Although there is the rose-colored ancient city of Petra, one of the seven wonders of the new world, the desert wonders of the Moon Valley of Lawrence in Arabia, the Roman ancient city of Jerash, the Red Sea, and the Dead Sea; but after all, the Middle East country, for most people It is full of strangeness, the unknown also brings a little concern, and the journey is hard. Although Jordan is close to Israel, Egypt, and Sudan, a large source of its economy comes from tourism, so the people are friendly and the city is more secure. What are the transportation options in Jordan? Cars, taxis, planes, trains and other modes of transportation are yours to choose from.
Highways are the most important mode of transportation in Jordan, and a road network connecting urban and rural areas across the country has been basically built. "King's highway" has a history of 5,000 years and is an important tourist route. Madaba, Karak, Shabak, Petra Other famous historical sites are on this road, and this road itself is also an important landscape in Jordan.
The city of Amman is built on seven hills, each of which has a roundabout. So when asking for directions, it is easier to ask for the number of the landmark building, rather than the road name and house number. For transportation in Amman, you can choose white taxis. The shared fare is generally only a few hundred firs, but white taxis run on fixed routes. Before getting on the bus, make sure that you can reach your destination. If possible ask someone to write the full address on paper in Arabic.
1. Jordan has only one Queen Alia International Airport, which is 30 kilometers away from the capital, Amman, and takes about 30 minutes by car. There is a bus every 30 minutes at the exit of the airport. The fee is 500 fils per person. Luggage can be placed on the bus. Entering Amman from the international airport, first pass the seventh circle, then the sixth and fifth circles, and you can get off. Then change to a city taxi, which is very convenient. A taxi from the airport to the city center costs about 8 dinars. Every city in Jordan is small, taxis are cheap and the drivers are friendly, making them the most convenient means of transportation.
2. There is Jordan Air connection from Amman to Akaba. In addition, if you go to other cities, you can only rely on cars.
3. "Qatar Airways" recently added routes from China to the Middle East, with 3 direct flights from Shanghai to Doha each week. The route uses Airbus A330-200 models. There are also daily direct flights from Doha to Cairo and Luxor. Provides convenience for traveling to Egypt and Jordan.
In Jordan, there are no passenger trains except the Hijaz Railway. The Hijaz Railway runs between Amman and Damascus twice a week, with Amman driving at 8 a.m. on Mondays and Thursdays.
Highways are the most important mode of transportation in Jordan, and a road network connecting urban and rural areas across the country has been basically built. The international road network is connected with Iraq, Syria, Saudi Arabia, Israel and other countries. There are tourist buses between Amman and its neighbors: generally 4 hours to Damascus (excluding customs clearance), 14 hours to Baghdad, and 24 hours to Riyadh, Jeddah and Dammam. There are also connecting buses to Jerusalem. Alternatively, there are shared taxis from Jordan to Syria or Iraq.
1. The Port of Aqaba, located in the southern part of Jordan and the northern part of the Red Sea, is the only port and distribution center for import and export trade in Jordan.
2. There are ferries from Amman to Cairo, and there are fast boats from Akaba to Nuweiba (Sinai).
6 Days Jordan Discovery Tour
Amman, Madaba, Nebo, Petra, Wadi Rum
Price from: $879
10 Days Israel & Jordan Highlights
Jerusalem, Bethlehem, Nazareth, Tiberias, Yardenit, Petra, Amman
Price from: $2144
14 Days Egypt, Jordan & Israel Explorer
Egypt: Cairo, Aswan, Edfu, Luxor; Jordan: Amman, Jerash, Petra, Dead Sea, Allenby Bridge Border; Israel: Jerusalem, Bethlehem, Tel Aviv
Price from:on request