Shopping in Siem Reap
Shopping in Siem Reap is like visiting a beautiful temple in the Angkor Wat. It’s worthwhile, and you don’t have to get up early. Siem Reap brings together a number of craft markets, fashion boutiques, handicraft workshops and artist studios filled with treasures that are worth buying and returning home. These stores are open until late at night, and it is worth a visit for those who visit Angkor Wat early in the morning. Where are these shopping centers? What to buy in these places? This article will introduce you to some unique shopping places in Siem Reap.
Shopping markets in Siem Reap
►N0.1 Angkor Night Market
- What to buy: Handicrafts, tourist souvenirs, silk, etc.
Because it only opens at night, so it is called the night market. It is the first night market in Cambodia. At present, there are more than 240 souvenir shops selling traditional handicrafts, ranging from clothing, silk, painting, photography to jewelry, wood carving, stone carving and so on. After a day of fatigue, enjoy a Dr.Fish massage, body massage, spa or drinks at the bar. There are also food stalls offering Khmer, European and Asian cuisine.
- Location: Angkor Night Market St | Stung Thmey Village, Sankat Svay Dangkum, Siem Reap 17254
- Opening hours: 16:00-24:00
- Tel: +855-92-85-58-55
- Internet site: http://angkornightmarket.com/
►N0.2 Old Market
- What to buy: Daily necessities and tourist souvenirs
All daily necessities and tourist souvenirs are available here. The products are very rich, including wood carvings, clay sculptures like Angkor architecture, cloth woven scarves, hand-embroidered silk shawls, silver ornaments, chopsticks, incense and so on. Buying things in this market should try to price. This is a must-see for visitors to Siem Reap. The entire market is quite large. Entering it, you will find that there are really many local people buying and selling things, which is actually an old-style market selling vegetable and meat.
- Location: Sangkat Svay Dangkum, Krong Siem Reap
►N0.3 Center market
- What to buy: Spices, Buddha statues, scarves and clothing, daily necessities and tourist souvenirs
The goods in the central market are better than the old market, and the order of the market is better. In addition to selling similar products to the old market, there are spices, flower teas, beautiful Buddha statues that are not available in the old market, and silk scarves that women like. Clothing, bright scarves and tablecloths meticulously crafted, as well as portraits of ethnic silverware, silk scarves and wood carvings, sandstone carvings and leather carvings, all are sold here.
Unique shopping places in Siem Reap
►No.1 Rice wine gift shop – Sombai
- What to buy: rice wine, liqueurs and alcoholic jams
Visit the rice wine workshop, here, you can taste Sombai rice wine and a variety of liqueurs and alcoholic jams. The rice wine here is packed in delicate bottles, and each bottle has a hand-painted Cambodian landscape.
- Location: 176 Sombai Road | Salakamreuk Village & Commune, Siem Reap 17259, Cambodia
- Tel: +855-63-55-50-280
►No.2 Gemological Institute of Cambodia
- What to buy: Gems and jewels
Here you can explore a range of natural stones and jewels from Cambodia and other areas. All gems are certified by a certified gemologist and accompanied by a certificate of certification.
- Location: Night Market Street, Siem Reap, Cambodia
- Tel: +855-92-61-52-88
- Opening hours: 9:00-23:00
►No.3 Senteurs d'Angkor
- What to buy: Craft gift
Here you can purchase aromatherapy gifts made from natural materials and traditional crafts. There are a variety of spices, tea, coffee, soap, body scrubs, bath salts, candles.
- Location: Airport Road, Siem Reap 17000, Cambodia
- Tel: +855-63-96-67-33
►No.4 Fair Trade Village
- What to buy: wood carvings, stone carvings and ceramics
This association is in the Fair Trade Village of the non-profit organization Angkor Crafts Association. Here you can see authentic souvenirs and ethnic handicrafts made by local craftsmen, including various wood carvings, stone carvings and ceramics.
- Location: Traing Village, Slorgram Quarter, Siem Reap 17259, Cambodia
- Tel: +855-78-34-14-54
- What to buy: Clothing and accessories
Here are soft cotton, linen and cashmere from Nepal. These fabrics are hand-cut to create casual wear and accessories that are light and breathable, making them ideal for the tropical climate of Siem Reap.
- Location: 676 Hup Guan Street, Siem Reap, Cambodia
- Tel: +855-31-33-14-666
Shopping malls in Sieam Reap
►N0.1 Biggest shopping mall in Siem Reap - Lucky Mall
This is a newly opened shopping mall, the largest and best mall in Siem Reap, but there are quite a few merchants here. There is a Lucky Burger fast food restaurant and a great Lucky supermarket, which is very crowded at night and on weekends.
- Location: Lucky Mall Siem ReSivutha St., Sangkat Svay Dangkum, Siem Reap City, Siem Reap, Cambodia
- Tel: +855-63-76-07-40
►N0.2 T Galleria by DFS Angkor
This is Cambodia's largest duty-free department store shopping, which includes major international luxury brands, from Alexander McQueen to Saint Laurent, etc.
- Location: Next to Angkor National Museum, Siem Reap, Cambodia
- Tel：+855 63 962 511
Tips for shopping in Siem Reap
- Carry cash with you. Market vendors do not accept credit cards, and many stores do not accept them. However, you don't have to worry, Siem Reap has a large number of ATMs.
- Only bargain shops in the market and central market streets accept bargaining. Usually, if there is a price tag on the item, it is best not to bargain.
- Try to buy locally produced and ethical "Made in Cambodia" products, and don't buy products that may be produced in sweatshops.
- The problem of plastic pollution in Siem Reap is serious, mainly due to tourists, so try not to use plastic bags when shopping, and carry reusable handbags. Some merchants offer bags made from recycled paper.
- The size of clothing and shoes can vary widely, so try on them before purchase to ensure fit.
To learn more, visit our detailed Siem Reap section.