Cambodia Travel & Entry Restrictions in 2022 (Updated on March21, 2022)
Disclaimer: COVID-19 travel restrictions are changing every day and the following information reflects the current rules for entry. While we update this article regularly to ensure the information is as current as it can be, we cannot be held responsible for any errors or omissions.
As one of the most popular tourist countries in Southeast Asia, you will find one of the Seven Wonders of the World - Angkor Wat, experience the lake of life in Tonlé Sap Lake in Siem Reap, visit the palace of the kings - Royal Palace in Phnom Penh and enjoy the sunlight at the beautiful beaches in Sihanoukville. You can also go to Pub Street in Siem Reap, participate in the water festival of Cambodia and go shopping in the Central Market of Phnom Penh and take a bamboo train in Battambang.
Cambodia, the paradise of tourism is re-open now, and here are all the latest 2022 Cambodia COVID-19 travel and entry requirements that all travelers need to know before booking their trip. If you want to plan a trip to Cambodia, please feel free to contact us for a free consultation or follow our Facebook to get the latest information.
Cambodia is now open for all arrivals. Travelers are now allowed to go to Cambodia for non-essential purposes, including leisure and tourism.
Since 30th March 2020, visas on arrival were suspended. However, e-Visas have now been reinstated. Please find more information in https://www.evisa.gov.kh/home
A visa is a mandatory entry requirement for Cambodia for most foreigners. Cambodia’s visa policy only exempts the following nationalities from the visa requirement:
If the traveler is not from one of the countries listed above, then they must apply online to get the Cambodia e-Visa for tourism and business purposes. The online visa for Cambodia grants holders a stay of 30 days in its territory. To remain in Cambodia for the purpose of education, work, or other, travelers should check the types of visas for Cambodia. The Cambodia e-Visa is very easy to apply for. The online application eliminates the need to go to an embassy or consulate.
Over 200 nationalities are eligible for the Cambodia e-Visa. Nationalities who are neither eligible for visa-free entry nor the Cambodia e-Visa can apply for a visa at a Cambodian embassy or consulate.
Documents Required to Apply for Cambodian e-Visa
- A valid passport issued by one of the eligible countries. The passport must be valid for at least 6 months upon arrival in Cambodia.
- An email address must be provided on the form. After the application is processed, the approved e-Visa for Cambodia is sent to the email address given. (Check the Spam folder in case the e-Visa doesn’t arrive)
- Upload a copy of a recent passport photo and the biographical page of the applicant’s passport.
The Royal Government of Cambodia announced today that Cambodia officially would dispense with the requirement for all visitors to take Covid-19 tests. The Prime Minister added, “Because the country has one of the highest vaccination rates (over 92% of the population) they were relaxing most restrictions to spur tourism and investment”. Cambodia has recently decided to ease travel requirements for all travelers entering Cambodia effective from 17 March 2022 as follows:
- Abolishing the requirement for passengers to show a COVID-19 PCR Test certificate upon arrival;
- Abolishing the requirement for passengers to take an ART rapid test upon arrival.
Upon arrival in Cambodia, all national and international travelers must present their vaccination cards/certificates. Those who are unvaccinated or not fully vaccinated against COVID-19 shall undergo the 14-day state quarantine at locations designated by the Ministry of Health or competent authorities.
What national or international passengers needs to show at the entry to Cambodia:
- A valid Passport
- A valid Visa
- Upon arrival in Cambodia, all national and international travelers must present their vaccination cards/certificates.
- All passengers must have travel or international medical insurance covering up to $50,000 in expenses
- A bank deposit of $2000 to cover quarantine and testing costs
- A health declaration form indicating details of their carrier, name, and nationality
Fully vaccinated passengers with a vaccination certificate do not need to quarantine, no matter they have taken the pre-arrival RT-PCR COVID test or not, which is not requested since March 17, 2022.
Unvaccinated or partially vaccinated passengers must quarantine for 14 days. They will have a PCR test on day 13. Unvaccinated travelers can choose to quarantine at:
- Pre-booked and paid private hotel (from approved list)
- The government arranged hotel, $2,000 USD in cash per person required
The private ASQ quarantine hotels available to book in advance include:
- Courtyard by Marriott Phnom Penh
- Sokha Phnom Penh Hotel and Residence
- Raffles Hotel Le Royal Phnom Penh
- Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra
- Himawari Hotel Apartments
- Toyoko Inn with Dara
- Olympia City Hotel by Dara
- FACE COVERINGS – The public must wear face masks across Cambodia. Best face masks for travel.
- SOCIAL DISTANCING – Compulsory all over the country.
- CURFEWS – There are currently no curfews in place but they can spring up at short notice.
- PUBLIC TRANSPORT – Face masks must be worn on public transport.
- VENUES AND GATHERINGS – Many hospitality venues and hotels have been forced to close permanently. A number of public places including gyms, casinos, karaoke rooms, and nightclubs remain closed until further notice. Gatherings are restricted to 50 people. In Phnom Penh, you may be asked to show proof of vaccination before entering venues of various types.
- MOVEMENT OF PEOPLE – Local restrictions can change rapidly without notice. You could be asked for proof of vaccination for entrance into some public spaces.
The rules and regulations below are only meant to serve as a guide and the situation is prone to change rapidly without warning.