Most Popular 5 Restaurants in Kandy
The Kandy city was built in the 14th century, located in the middle southern of Sri Lanka, 120 kilometers northeast of the capital Colombo. Kandy is the second-largest city in Siri Lanka, and it's also the administrative and religious center in history. The city is surrounded by mountains with rare plant species. In 1998, UNESCO listed the Kandy city as a cultural heritage in the "World Heritage List."
Kandy, Polonnaruva and Anuradhapura are called the cultural triangle. Kandy is still known as the religious center of Sri Lanka due to its abundance of precious Buddhist relics, and it is a pilgrimage site for some primitive Buddhists. The city is located on the mountain, 500 meters above sea level, with many rare plants, a warm and humid climate, beautiful scenery, and a large number of historical sites, always attracting a large number of tourists to visit. When you come to Kandy, you can't miss tasting the local food. If you want to eat delicious food, you also need to choose a good restaurant. Top Asia Travel would like to recommend the following most popular restaurants in Kandy for your reference.
1. Most Popular 5 Restaurants in Kandy - Slightly Chilled Lounge
- Location： No. 29 A, Anagarika | Dharmapala, Mawatha, Kandy 101010, Sri Lanka。
- Tel: +94 81 2 238267
- Food offer: Local cuisine, Chinese Sichuan Cuisine, Bar, Vegetarian Friendly, Vegan Options.
- Recommended tour: 9 Days Amazing Sri Lanka Budget Tour
The Slightly Chilled Lounge has a very good location, it's only 10 mins walk from the Kandy city center. It takes about 15 minutes to walk from the Buddha Tooth Relic Temple. It is not easy to find a place with good environment and beer in Kandy. It is a very popular local Chinese restaurant. The owner and his Chinese wife run this restaurant together. There are a lot of people here, and the music is beautiful, the service is friendly, the atmosphere is excellent, even strangers can chat and enjoy the food together.
From the rooftop dining bar, you can enjoy the beauty of the lake. While enjoying the food, you can also enjoy the scenery. The choice of dishes is diverse, mainly Chinese and Sri Lankan local dishes, as well as a combination of Chinese and Western meals at reasonable prices. There are also various beverages, beer, fruit wine and spirits to meet the needs of diners. If you want to enjoy a delicious Chinese meal in Kandy, accompanied by music and fine wine, this is a good choice.
2. Most Popular 5 Restaurants in Kandy - The Empire Cafe
- Location: 21 Temple St, Kandy 20000, Sri Lanka
- Tel: +94 81 2 239870
- Food offer: Siri Lanka Cuisine, Mixed Dishes, Vegetarian Friendly, Vegan Options, Gluten Free Options.
- Recommended tour: 7 Days Classic Sri Lanka Tour
The Empire Cafe is a nice cafe located beside the Buddha Tooth Relic Temple. The Empire Cafe is in a historic colonial building. The decoration of the posters and the antique architecture make it a trendy and retro atmosphere. The Empire Cafe offers Sri Lankan dishes and Western-style dishes. Rice, curry and crepes are the most popular foods. The enthusiasm good staff, and a relaxed dining atmosphere give visitors a feeling of being at home.
3. Most Popular 5 Restaurants in Kandy - Cool Corner Fried Ice Cream Parlor
- Location: 114 Peradeniya Road, Kandy 20000, Sri Lanka.
- Tel: +94 81 2 205218
- Food offer: Ice Cream, Vegetarian Friendly, Vegan Options, Gluten Free Options
The Cool Corner Fried Ice Cream Parlor is a small ice cream shop with only four tables and a counter, but it attracts so many people who like to try delicious ice cream. It is only a few minutes' walk from Kandy's central clock tower. The special foods of the Cool Corner Fried Ice Cream Parlor are crispy chocolate nuts and tropical classic ice cream rolls. It tastes delicious and is a must-try food in this restaurant. Chocolate lovers and those who like spices must try it. The tropical classic ice cream rolls have cinnamon and nutmeg inside.
The Cool Corner Fried Ice Cream Parlor has a variety of flavors ice cream for you to choose from. All ice creams are made with fresh ingredients and are handmade. You can see the ice cream making process. This Cool Corner Fried Ice Cream Parlor introduces a new ice cream concept to Kandy area, namely Kottu ice cream, or fried ice cream, which can be said to be very distinctive. In Kandy's hot weather, delicious ice cream is simply great. The Cool Corner Fried Ice Cream Parlor also offers vegetarian options. The restaurant manager will guide you to make good choices. There are also plenty of ice cream recipes and beverages for people to choose from, such as milkshakes, coffee, juices and other beverages.
4. Most Popular 5 Restaurants in Kandy - Theva Cuisine
- Location: 11/B5/10-1, 6th Lane, Off Upper Tank Road, Off Circular Road 2, Kandy 01000, Sri Lanka.
- Tel: +94 81 7 388296
- Food offer: Asian Cuisine, Siri Lanka Cuisine, Mix Dishes, Vegetarian Friendly, Vegan Options, Gluten Free Options
- Recommended tour: 11 Days Highlights of Sri Lanka Tour
The Theva Cuisine is an upscale restaurant located in Theva Residency Hotel. The restaurant is on the mountain; visitors can overlook the Kandy City and enjoy the scenery of Kandy Lake. The scenery around The Theva Cuisine is very beautiful and charming. The menu has very interesting choices: more than 17 kinds of Sri Lankan curries, mainly made of vegetables. Sri Lankan and Western dishes are also available on the menu. The food is delicious and blends European style. The restaurant service is good. If you want to dine in a quiet and beautiful place, this is a good choice.
5. Most Popular 5 Restaurants in Kandy - Buono
- Location: 12 Lamagaraya Road, Kandy 20000, Sri Lanka.
- Tel: +94 76 128 2990
- Food offer: Coffee, breakfast and lunch, high tea, Vegetarian Friendly, Vegan Options, Gluten Free Options
Located near the Kandy Train Station, the Buono is a small coffee bar that offers delicious dessert and coffee. If you want to have an authentic coffee in Kandy, this bar is a must-come place. Many visitors come here for breakfast, enjoying the coffee and foods here.
Part of the income from the cafe will be donated to Siri Lanka's Fund for Save the Poor Children. This is a place that you could donate money to these children who need help.