Best 5 Star Hotels in Kandy
The Kandy city was built in the 14th century, located in the middle south of Sri Lanka, 120 kilometers northeast of the capital Colombo. Kandy is the second-largest city in Siri Lanka; it's also the administrative and religious center in history. The Kandy city is surrounded by mountains with rare plant species. In 1998, UNESCO listed the Kandy city as a cultural heritage site in the "World Heritage List."
Kandy is located on the mountain, which is 500 meters above sea level, with many rare plants, a warm and humid climate, beautiful scenery, and a large number of historical sites, always attracting a large number of tourists to visit. How to arrange accommodation in Kandy? This should be the first question for visitors to plan a trip to Kandy. Top Asia Tour would like to recommend the following well-selected 5 Star hotels in Kandy for your reference.
Best 5 star hotels in Kandy - Kings Pavilion
- Location: 4/22 Galkanda Road Aniwatta, Kandy20000, Siri Lanka.
- Surrounding: Kandy Lake, Temple of Tooth Relic, Bogambara Lake, Kandy Clock Tower, Kandy Palace.
- Direction: 1.1kilometers from Kandy Train Station, 1.5 kilometers from Kandy City Center Shopping Mall.
- Recommended tour: 9 Days Amazing Sri Lanka Budget Tour
Located on the hill and surrounded by forest, the Kings Pavilion is still closed to the Kandy city center and attractions. It's very convenient to go to the Kandy City Center Shopping Mall from the hotel if you want to go shopping. Visitors could overlook the whole Kandy city from the hotel. Opened in 2016, the Kings Pavilion keeps the style architecture, with beautiful courtyards and balconies that offer a great view. The Kings Pavilion is surrounded by green plants, visitors can hear birds chirping and insects chirping when falling asleep. It feels like you are in close contact with nature, which is very relaxing.
As a boutique hotel, the Kings Pavilion offers modern facilities and a high standard service. At the same time, the hotel attaches great importance to the privacy of its guests. If you like a quiet and peaceful environment, then Kings Pavilion will be a good choice.
Best 5 star hotels in Kandy - Earl's Regency Hotel
- Location: 84 Tenna Kumbura, Tennekumbura, Kandy20000, Siri Lanka.
- Surrounding: Temple of Tooth Relic, Kandy Museum, Kandy Palace, Kandy Lake.
- Direction: 4.3kilometers from Kandy Train Station, 3.8kilometers from Kandy City Center Shopping Mall.
- Recommended tour: 7 Days Classic Sri Lanka Tour
The Earl's Regency Hotel is built on a hillside, at the foot of the mountain, the Mahaweli River flows through here. It takes about 15-20 mins to the Kandy city center by tuk-tuk from the hotel.
The Earl's Regency Hotel is divided into two buildings, connected by a long corridor and becomes one with surroundings. The whole hotel is quiet and beautiful, and the original plants in the park are preserved very well. The hotel interiors are also very distinctive, and the rooms in the main building have a good view of the Mahaweli River.
Best 5 star hotels in Kandy - The Golden Crown Hotel
- Location: #322, Udagama Ampitiya, Ampitiya20000, Kandy, Siri Lanka.
- Surrounding: Temple of Tooth Relic, Kandy Museum, National Museum, Kandyan Art Association & Cultural Centre.
- Direction: 3.1kilometers from Kandy Train Station, 2.9kilometers from Kandy City Center Shopping Mall.
- Recommended tour: 11 Days Highlights of Sri Lanka Tour
The Golden Crown Hotel is located in the Ampitya district of Kandy, Sri Lanka, a 10-minute drive from Kandy city center. The location of the Golden Crown Hotel is ideal, allowing easy access to the town and various attractions. The Golden Crown Hotel itself is a landmark in Kandy; many tourists are attracted here by its reputation as a good hotel.
The Golden Crown Hotel is surrounded by green rice fields, the surrounding mountains are lush and the environment is beautiful. The Golden Crown Hotel has a special welcoming ceremony. The hotel employees will wear the traditional Sri Lankan costumes and play local drums to welcome tourists, which is impressive. The design of the hotel is influenced by modern and Victorian architectural concepts. The rooms are spacious and equipped with all modern facilities. Some rooms overlook rice paddy fields and offer a good view. The furniture has a royal theme and attention to detail. There are many types of food here, Sri Lankan, Continental and Western.
Many tourists choose to come to the hotel for their honeymoon, and many locals will choose to hold a wedding here. It can be seen that the environment and services here are first-class.
Best 5 star hotels in Kandy - The Golden Kandyan Hotel
- Location: 89/10 Lady Gordon's Drive, Kandy 20000, Siri Lanka.
- Surrounding: Temple of Tooth Relic, Kandy Museum, National Museum, Kandy Lake, Kandy Clock Tower, Bahirawakanda Vihara Buddha Statue.
- Direction: 1.6kilometers from Kandy Train Station, 1.2kilometers from Kandy City Center Shopping Mall.
The Golden Kandyan Hotel is located on the hill, only a few minutes away from Kandy city center. And visitors could walk to the famous Buddha Tooth Relic Temple from the hotel. The Golden Kandyan Hotel is a great place to enjoy a 360-degree panoramic view of Kandy City. The interior of the hotel is magnificent and has a sense of design. The Golden Kandyan Hotel has more than 100 rooms; you can spend time leisurely in the rooftop swimming pool and immerse yourself in the beautiful scenery of Kandy City. The hotel accommodation is very luxurious, the rooms are large and the beds are super comfortable. The breakfast is generous, and the hotel also has restaurants of different styles, giving visitors a wealth of dining options. The well-trained and very enthusiastic hotel staff allows visitors to feel at home. Whether you are on a business trip or family vacation, staying at the Golden Kandyan Hotel is great value for money.
Best 5 star hotels in Kandy - The Mahaweli Reach Hotel
- Location: P.O Box 78,35 P.B.A Weerakoon Mw, Kandy 20000, Siri Lanka.
- Surrounding: Mahaweli River, Kandy Lake, Temple of Tooth Relic, Kandy Museum, National Museum, Kandy Clock Tower, Bahirawakanda Vihara Buddha Statue.
- Direction: 4kilometers from Kandy Train Station, 3.7kilometers from Kandy City Center Shopping Mall.
Mahaweli Reach Hotel is located along the Mahaweli River, with the mountains and hills as the background. Visitors could overlook the Mahaweli Ridge River from the hotel. It's only 10 minutes from the Mahaweli Reach Hotel to the Kandy city by tuk-tuk, which is very convenient for tourists who want to go sightseeing in Kandy.
The Mahaweli Reach Hotel has a lot of fresh green plants surrounding the building. The courtyard has huge trees, beautiful flowers, a well-maintained garden, and beautifully furnished surrounding areas. The hotel rooms are clean and the facilities are good. The Mahaweli Reach Hotel is full of traditional hospitality in Kandy. Tourists can spend a relaxing holiday here.
The Mahaweli Reach Hotel is surrounded by amazing and beautiful river views. All the facilities of the hotel are very well protected. The quality of hotel restaurants' meals is excellent and there are many delicious choices. If you want a luxurious hotel, great food and excellent service at a very reasonable and cost-effective price, the Mahaweli Reach Hotel is a nice place!