Egypt Travel & Entry Restrictions in 2022 (Updated on April 27, 2022)
As an ancient civilization, Egypt not only has a long history and splendid culture, but also has many scenic spots and historical sites. It has a unique geographical location: it connects the Mediterranean Sea and the Indian Ocean, spans two continents, and has convenient transportation. The government attaches great importance to the tourism economy. What is the latest Egypt inbound tourism policy in 2022？This article will give you the answer.
Egypt's latest entry policy
1. From January 22, 2022, the updated Egypt entry rules apply.
- a. Accept negative coronavirus certificates for all approved tests (PCR - Antigen Rapid Test - ID NOW)
- b. All entrants holding a vaccination certificate with a QR code will be allowed to enter the country. The vaccine must be approved by the World Health Organization and the Egyptian Medicines Authority, and complete two doses and the second dose for 14 days (Pfizer, Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca, Satellite VSputnik V, Sinovac and Sinopharm, Johnson & Johnson & Johnson for a full 14 days).
- c. Provide proof of negative coronavirus test within 72 hours of arrival, but must be a test approved by the Ministry of Health and Population (PCR - Antigen Rapid Test - ID NOW), excluding children under 12 years old.
- d. If the vaccination certificate or test certificate does not meet the regulations set by the Egyptian state, a rapid antigen test is performed on arrival, and if the test is positive, the test is confirmed by the ID NOW test (it takes 10 to 15 minutes to obtain the test result). If the result is positive, only those arriving via airports, ports and tourist cities (Sharm El Sheikh, Taba, Hurghada, Marsa Alam, Luxor and Aswan) will be allowed to enter, The premise is that you must self-isolate for five days in the hotel you are staying in, and do a PCR test on the sixth day. If the result is negative, you can release the isolation. If the result is positive, continue to isolate for five days and then terminate without re-examination.
- e. Friendly reminder that all tests need to pay 30 USD at their own expense (some friends have reported that there is a phenomenon of only accepting cash, so prepare more change to be prepared)
- f. Remember to wear a mask
2. On March 31, local time, Egypt announced that it will open temporary tourist visas to 78 countries and regions around the world from April 1. On April 9, direct flights from Cairo to Moscow were officially resumed.
3. On April 10, local time, Egypt announced that it will adjust a series of air port entry and epidemic prevention policies from the same day, involving the cancellation of the filling of paper declaration forms for passengers and the special disinfection procedures after the arrival of the plane.
When you travel to Egypt, you must bring proof of vaccination. In addition to this, you will also need an Egyptian visa. This visa can be applied for online and is usually granted within a week. There are two variants of the e-Visa for Egypt, the single entry and the multiple entry variant. Both visas are valid for 90 days, but in the case of a multiple-entry visa, you can travel to Egypt as many times as you want during those 90 days instead of just one. In both cases, travelers can stay in the country for 30 days per trip. To apply for a visa to Egypt, you must have a passport valid for at least 8 months after arrival.
Sometimes, upon arrival in Egypt, immigration officials may ask for your itinerary. Therefore, make sure you bring a schedule of all booked flights and hotel stays in your hand luggage.
Warm sunshine, boundless desert, towering pyramids, wide Nile River, and numerous temples and monuments attract tourists from all over the world to visit Egypt. Travel to Egypt now！If you want to plan a trip to Egypt, feel free to contact us for a free consultation or get our latest information. You can also submit your request directly to create your own Egypt tour.