Jumeirah Public Beach
- Name: Jumeirah Public Beach, Nessnass Beach
- Location: Behind Sunset Mall, Jumeirah Road, Dubai
- Reason to visit: One of the few public beaches in Dubai where you can wear bathing suits; Great location to admire the Burj Al Arab
- Our rating: ☆☆☆☆☆
- Opening hours: 24/7
- Entrance fee: Free
- Duration time: 2-3 hours
- Recommended tour: 7 Days Dubai Family Tour
Are you looking for a free and beautiful beach in Dubai? If yes, you should not miss Jumeirah Public Beach, also known as Nessnass Beach by locals. This beach is one of the most popular beaches in Dubai and has been awarded the "Blue Flag Beach" certification for adhering to strict international standards.
In this article, we will tell you everything you need to know about Jumeirah Public Beach, including:
- What to Expect at Jumeirah Public Beach
- Best Water Sports Activities at Jumeirah Public Beach
- Scenic Views of Burj Al Arab and Atlantis, The Palm
- How to Get to Jumeirah Public Beach
- Other Attractions near Jumeirah Public Beach
Jumeirah Public Beach is located behind Sunset Mall, one of the city's boutique shopping destinations, which also houses a selection of food and drink spots. The beach is an ideal family picnic spot, with round-the-clock lifeguard service and sports facilities. There is no entry fee to access the beach. You can rent sun loungers, umbrellas, showers and changing rooms for a small fee.
One of the highlights of Jumeirah Public Beach is that it allows swimming at night, as well as during the day. Thanks to powerful floodlights, you can swim in the sea from sunset to sunrise, which is perfect for cooling off after the heat of the day. This is one of the few beaches in Dubai that offer this unique experience.
Another attraction of Jumeirah Public Beach is that it is a paradise for water sports enthusiasts. You can sign up for lessons or rent equipment for kitesurfing, paddle boarding, kayaking and more at the Kite n Surf kiosk, right by the beach. You can also book group sessions for a fun way to bond with your friends. If you are a beginner, you can learn from the friendly and professional instructors who will guide you through the basics.
Jumeirah Public Beach is a great place to enjoy some exciting water sports activities. Here are some of the best options:
- Kitesurfing: Kitesurfing is a thrilling sport that combines surfing and flying. You can glide on the water and perform jumps and tricks with a kite attached to your harness. Kite n Surf offers kitesurfing lessons and rentals for all levels.
- Paddle boarding: Paddle boarding is a relaxing and fun way to explore the sea. You can stand or sit on a board and use a paddle to move around. You can also try yoga or fitness classes on paddle boards for an extra challenge.
- Kayaking: Kayaking is a great way to enjoy the scenery and wildlife of Jumeirah Public Beach. You can paddle along the shore or venture out to deeper waters. You can also join kayaking tours or races for more adventure.
Jumeirah Public Beach is also a great place to enjoy the scenic views of Dubai. You can admire the iconic Burj Al Arab hotel from the shore, or take a walk along the 1.5km promenade at The Pointe, a nearby shopping and dining destination. From there, you can also catch a glimpse of the stunning Atlantis, The Palm hotel on the Palm Jumeirah island.
Burj Al Arab is one of the most luxurious hotels in the world and has a distinctive sail-shaped design. It stands on an artificial island off Jumeirah Beach and offers spectacular views of the Arabian Gulf. You can visit Burj Al Arab for afternoon tea or dinner at one of its restaurants or bars.
Atlantis, The Palm is a five-star resort that features a water park, an aquarium, a dolphin bay, a spa and more. It is located on the crescent of Palm Jumeirah and offers amazing views of the Dubai skyline. You can visit Atlantis, The Palm for a day pass or stay at one of its rooms or suites.
If you are taking the Dubai Metro, you can get off at Jumeirah Lakes Towers or Dubai Marina station, and then take the Dubai Tram to Palm Jumeirah station. From there, you can walk to Gateway station, which is the starting point of the Palm Jumeirah Monorail that runs along the trunk of the island.
Alternatively, you can take a water taxi to Waldorf Astoria Palm Jumeirah. You can also drive or take a taxi to Jumeirah Public Beach, which is about 20 minutes from Downtown Dubai.
Jumeirah Public Beach is not only a beach, but also a gateway to other attractions in Dubai. Here are some of the places you can visit near Jumeirah Public Beach:
- Palm Jumeirah: Palm Jumeirah is a man-made island that resembles a palm tree. It is home to many luxury hotels, restaurants, shops and attractions. You can take the monorail or the water taxi to explore Palm Jumeirah and enjoy its views and vibes.
- Jumeirah Mosque: Jumeirah Mosque is one of the most beautiful and iconic mosques in Dubai. It is open to non-Muslims and offers guided tours that explain the Islamic culture and traditions. You can also join cultural activities such as Arabic classes, henna painting and coffee sessions at Jumeirah Mosque.
- Jumeirah Beach Park: Jumeirah Beach Park is another beach park in Dubai that offers a mix of sand and greenery. It has a large lawn area, picnic tables, playgrounds, barbecue facilities and more. It is a great place to relax and have fun with your family or friends.