- Location: east side of 321 National Road, Maling Town, Lipu County, 85 km from Guilin downtown
- Reason to Visit: A famous typical karst cave with amazing stalactite
- Our Ratings: ★★★★
- Opening Hours: 8:00-17:30
Silver Cave (Yinzi Cave) in Lipu Country of Guilin is 85 km from downtown Guilin and 3 km from the border of Yangshuo County. It was opened to the public in early 1999. It is the national AAAA-level scenic spot and the first batch of "Guilin Civilized Tourism Scenic Spot Demonstration Site". It is a new bright pearl in Guilin Tourism Circle and the largest cave in Guilin.
Silver Cave is a typical karst landform which runs through 12 mountain peaks. It is a layered cave. It contains stalactites that grow in different geological ages. Stalactites are crystal clear and white, like a galaxy in the night sky. They flashes like silver and a diamond.
The Silver Cave is full of green. The mountains are green, the water is green, the ground is green, the trees are green, and the fields are green. For this reason, Silver Cave has been praised by the people concerned as "the representative of Guilin landscape".
It is like a huge natural bonsai which is surrounded by lake and mountains with hundreds of acres of peach forest in the middle. The flowers and fragrance make it more intoxicating. At the same time, the annual Zhapu Village Flower Festival, Chestnut Festival, Gourmet Food Festival, Bicycle Rally, Extreme Rock Climbing and other activities held in the scenic area which make Silver Cave more active.
Legend of Silver Cave
It is said that during the Qing Dynasty Kangxi Period, a rebel army was defeated and they hid in the site of silver cabe. In order to run to a safer place, they decided to hide their treasures in this cave. And then, these treasures had been covered by the time till now.
This legend is attractive for many explorers. But none of them could find the treasure till now. Nobody knows whether there are treasures or not. But the slang "treasure in the Silver Cave make people in Guangxi and Hunan provinces rich" causes lots of imagination of people.
What to See
Three Incomparable Sceneries
1. Snow Mountain Waterfall: silver, white crystal, the water like tens of thousands of water pours down a cliff like a running horse. You will be enchanted to see it.
2. Music Rock-Screen: It is composed of many stone sarcophagi and stone tablets with different depths and thicknesses. It is the most complete set of stone screens in Guangxi. Even more so, when it is tapped, it will play the elegant and graceful music. That’s the reason it is named Music Rock-Screen!
3. Yaochi Wonderland: Under the reflection of the water mirror, the inner appearance change accordingly. This scene should only be in heaven.
1. The Buddha Discuss Sutra: natural formed Buddha high sat with cross-legged on the temple to preach about buddhist scriptures, and his devoted disciple came to hear and worship, all of disciples were unwilling to leave for a long time. It provides paid worship services.
2. Pearl Umbrella: it is said that this umbrella can control the forces of nature, subdue demon, now it is in the cave and becomes a "cave treasure". Its strange modeling of large in the middle and small at both ends also become a riddle of the modern geology.
3. Single Column: the column has many branches, it is twists and exquisite, upright and outspoken magnificent, let a person have to sincerely praise the creations of nature.
How to Get to Silver Cave
By bus: Taking bus from Guilin Bus Station to Silver Cave Scenic Area, the departure time is from 7:00 to 18:30, the whole driving time generally takes 2 hours.
By car: taking part in a day tour from Guilin, organizing a private car or taxi, or taking a couple of public buses.