Singapore Travel & Entry Restrictions in 2022 (Updated on April 27, 2022)
Singapore is known as the "Four Asian Tigers" and is a very clean tourist destination. In Singapore, every nuance is intended to show you the city's carefully managed and "new" style, making your trip worthwhile. The Chinese style of Chinatown, the colorful colors of Little India, the Middle Eastern characteristics of Kampong Glam, and the European and American styles of Holland Village all show the multicultural essence of this immigrant country. What is the latest Singapore inbound tourism policy in 2022？This article will give you the answer.
Singapore continues to ease Singapore border measures for now. First, border measures will be simplified and the stay-at-home notice period will be unified to 7 days. Singapore will classify the existing second, third and fourth categories of countries and territories as General Travel, while those requiring stricter border measures will be categorized as Restricted, although no countries or territories currently fall into the latter category.
Under the General Travel category, passengers arriving from 11:59 p.m. on February 21 are only required to comply with a seven-day stay-at-home notice because Omicron has a shorter incubation period. Passengers who have been vaccinated and entered through the VTL, as well as those from * countries or regions, will continue to be exempt from quarantine. The travel history of travelers will also be reduced from 14 days to 7 days.
What is Vaccinator Channel VTL?
VTL is a tourism corridor plan opened by Singapore and other countries. Singapore opens its borders to VTL countries. Tourists who are in VTL countries and meet the requirements of VTL entry to Singapore can enter Singapore!
Which countries can vaccinate people access VTL?
- Australia, Brunei Darussalam, Canada, Denmark, Germany, France, Italy, Netherlands, South Korea, Spain, Switzerland, United Kingdom and United States.
- Applications available from 28 November 2021: Finland, India, Indonesia, Malaysia and Sweden
- Applications available from 5 December 2021: Qatar, Saudi Arabia and United Arab Emirates
- Passengers planning to travel to Singapore from these destinations through the Vaccinator Travel Corridor (VTL) scheme must ensure that they travel on designated VTL flights. Under the VTL scheme, fully vaccinated travellers can enter Singapore without quarantine if they have tested negative for Covid-19 prior to departure and upon arrival in Singapore and meet all current eligibility requirements.
What conditions need to be met for the VTL channel of the vaccine recipient channel
Passengers must meet the following basic guidelines and conditions to enjoy quarantine-free travel, otherwise they may be refused entry by the airline/immigration, or subject to current health regulations and quarantine.
From 23 January 2022 (Singapore time)
- Fully vaccinated and hold an acceptable vaccination certificate;
- Only travel to/transit through any VTL (air) country, Category I country and/or Singapore for 14 consecutive days within the last 14 days prior to departure to Singapore;
- Arrive in Singapore by designated VTL (air) flight;
- Take a COVID-19 polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test or an antigen rapid test (ART) at an internationally recognized laboratory, clinic or medical institution within 2 days3 before the scheduled departure time of the flight, and obtain the test result Certificate in English stating the following:
- The name of the VTL (air) passenger, and at least one other personal identifier, such as date of birth or passport number, which exactly matches the information in the passport the passenger uses to enter Singapore;
- Negative COVID-19 test result
- Date and time of COVID-19 testing; and
- The name of the testing facility that conducted the COVID-19 test.
- Take a COVID-19 PCR test at the airport upon arrival in Singapore and immediately4 travel from the airport by private transport, taxi or private rental car to the place of accommodation stated in the VTP (Air) application and stay at the place of accommodation until the arrival of the test result confirmed negative;
- Self-administered COVID-19 ART using a self-purchased ART kit every day from day 2 to day 7 of arrival in Singapore, and a negative test result if they need to leave their residence;
- To disclose and consent to the disclosure of his/her personal data and COVID-19 test results by the testing provider and testing laboratory to the relevant Singapore government authorities for public health purposes;
- Download the TraceTogether app on his/her mobile device and:
- Keep the TraceTogether app active at all times while in Singapore;
- If he/she tests positive for COVID-19 in Singapore, upload all data in the TraceTogether app at the request of the Singapore Ministry of Health.
- Purchase travel insurance prior to travel to Singapore with a minimum of S$30,000 for medical and hospitalization expenses related to COVID-19 in Singapore;
- Comply with all current public health measures while in Singapore; and
- Stay in touch at all times while in Singapore via his/her declared mobile number and email address.
How to apply for entry to Singapore via the Vaccinator Channel VTL Channel
1. Singapore Citizen (SC) / Permanent Resident (PR)
- All SC/PR and unvaccinated children 12 years and younger in the current calendar year do not need to make any application under the vaccinated travel lane. However, SC/PRs must also comply with all requirements set out in the VTL (Air) Traveler Checklist, otherwise, existing health controls will apply, which may include providing stay-at-home notices.
- SC/PRs who have not been vaccinated in Singapore are advised to submit their overseas vaccination certificate in their health declaration as part of the SG Arrival Card submission, which should be submitted within 3 days of arrival in Singapore.
- SC/PR travelers are required to present proof of acceptable vaccinations for verification upon check-in and arrival at immigration. It is strongly recommended that you self-verify your vaccination certificate before travelling by referring to the guidelines here. Those vaccinated in Singapore are not required to submit a vaccination certificate as their vaccination records are already recorded in the Singapore Ministry of Health (MOH) database.
2. Foreign tourists (e.g. short-term tourists/long-term pass holders)
- 1. The VTP (Airline) application is open to passengers who intend to enter Singapore 3-60 days after today. Travellers entering Singapore after this date range should come back later to apply.
- 2. Passengers do not need to rush to apply, because there is no limit to the VTP issued every day.
- 3. Prepare your passport, vaccination certificate and self-isolation address before applying.
Please pay attention to the following matters when applying
- 1. VTL (air) travelers must also refer to this travel checklist and VTL (air) conditions to ensure they meet all VTL (air) requirements, otherwise they may be denied entry to Singapore.
- 2. Unvaccinated accompanying children aged 12 and under do not need to apply.
- 3. If required, the application must be supported with a digitally verifiable vaccination certificate QR code. See our FAQ for more details.
- 4. The VTP is valid for 6 calendar days from the date of entry selected by the passenger.
- 5. If you encounter an error uploading the QR code on your vaccination certificate to the VTP application portal, despite meeting the requirements (see Criterion 2 above), please write to the Safe Travel Office using the enquiry form here and provide Your vaccination certificate.
- 6. Passengers must arrive in Singapore on a designated VTL (air) flight. VTP (Air) does not guarantee a ticket on one of the designated flights. It is the passenger's responsibility to obtain their own ticket separately.
If you want to plan a trip to Singapore, feel free to contact us for a free consultation or get our latest information. You can also submit your request directly to create your own Singapore tour.